What Do You Gain From Being A Member?
The following quotations are derived from a cross-section of members:
What would you say about The EA Circle to another EA who asked you about membership?
- I gain insights into myself in a peer group that enables me to perform better.
- I find that my peers provide a sounding board.
- I wish I had become a member sooner.
- I see The EA Circle as a vibrant network, a place to go to learn more about the art of being an EA, and about oneself as a person.
- Gaining insights through the eyes of practicing EAs and their collective years of experience - that would take me a very long time to achieve myself.
- Like many members, it's hard to defend the time in the diary - but it is exactly at these times that it's most important to take time out to reflect and gain ideas from those who have been through it before.
- Very worthwhile. Gives you the opportunity of discussing any problem areas with others who have experienced the same.
- It's an excellent forum for ideas.
What would you advise a prospective member to say to their boss or immediate report?
- For a relatively limited and highly effective time commitment, The EA Circle will broaden and strengthen the Executive Assistant in their role.
- They will get the annual cost back rapidly in value terms from ideas and effectiveness of networks.
- The current business world is full of surprises. To meet with other EAs in a confidential mode will be a very valuable experience as there are common issues which can be shared and explored.
- For my own personal development it is valuable to match up with other EAs and see my deficiencies.
- Excellent development opportunity through working with peers. Excellent at identifying major issues and getting ideas from other sectors.
- The EA Circle is a valuable part of a development programme for EAs which provides peer group experience of issues facing businesses, as well as best practice solutions.
- A fairly cheap way of achieving benefits...the amount of time taken up by membership is quite small.
- There is nowhere else you can obtain totally unbiased opinions.
- It will add significantly to my depth, insight and versatility and strengthen my ability to do the best for the company.